PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST/AGRONOMIST
Miller Chemical & Fertilizer, LLC, is a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of crop adjuvants, plant growth regulators, nutritional fertilizers and specialty agro chemicals with an 81 year heritage. An exciting opportunity for a dynamic Product Development Specialist/Agronomist with exceptional follow-through for domestic and international efforts is available in our Hanover, PA office. Miller currently operates in more than 90 countries and we intend to significantly grow our business over the next few years.
The successful candidate for this position will contribute to the development of new products within the Miller Chemical portfolio. As an integral part of the team, the candidate will successfully design, develop, and commercialize new product technologies by utilizing their knowledge of agrochemical applications. In this role, the candidate will work closely with sales reps and customers to understand and address their unmet needs. You will assist customers directly and provide support to them in collaboration with our sales and marketing teams. The successful candidate is also responsible for agronomic support of the existing Miller Chemical product portfolio.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record of building distributor and grower relationships as a vehicle to drive product development and sales.
- Exhibit passion, energy and creativity in the support of company products and objectives.
- Get results by taking initiative, overcoming obstacles and finding creative solutions.
- Possess demonstrated public speaking skills to conduct vibrant group meetings, answer questions as well as effectively communicate product, market, competitive and customer data.
- Create business development opportunities through existing relationships or by tapping into previously untouched markets.
- Serve as primary agronomic resource to domestic sales reps to resolve customer product and crop concerns.
- Coordinate field research trials and design test protocol to evaluate and determine performance.
- Ensure field trial objectives are clearly defined and aligned with business and market needs.
- Make sound agronomic recommendations to customers by presenting products and solutions to maximize customer outcomes.
- Possess extensive knowledge of crop production and cultural practices.
- Provide timely agronomic data to support sales reps’ efforts.
- Collect and relay information regarding performance of Miller products
- Timely communicate with Miller Chemical leadership regarding opportunities, obstacles and needs identified in the product development and selling process.
- Provide technical support to sales of new and ongoing business.
- Represent Miller Chemical as the expert in non-hazardous crop protection products and nutritional agro chemicals.
- Our ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or equivalent with 10+ years of experience in specialty agricultural product development and marketing support.
- Relocation required as this position operates out of the home office.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time to entire territory region.
- Clean driving record required.
- Excellent communication skills in English required but bilingual skills in Spanish is a plus.
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Power Point a must.
Qualified candidates should send resume, cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE
SALES DATA ANALYST
Miller Chemical & Fertilizer, LLC, an international industry leader in the development and production of foliar nutrients and adjuvants with more than 80 years of experience in the agricultural and horticultural markets is seeking an experienced Sales Data Analyst in our Hanover, PA office.
Primary responsibilities include collecting and analyzing data from internal and external sources, submitting reports with recommendations based on data collected, conducting market research into industry trends, developing quotas for the sales team and assisting with evaluation of performance, participating in our annual budgeting process, etc.
Qualified candidates should have a degree in sales, marketing, finance, accounting or business, possess 3 years’ experience, be proficient in MS Office Suite and have proven knowledge with forecasting software and database management.
We offer a generous compensation & benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance, 401k with company match, paid vacation and holidays and much more. A pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check is required. Interested candidates should send their resume & cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. EOE